How to stay focused on your personal goals
Everyone has their own personal goals that they want to achieve. These goals can be anything from improving your fitness, making more money, raising a family, or anything else you might have in mind. The key to achieving these goals is often staying focused on them. When we make our list of priorities and set our minds to focus on the agenda at hand, it becomes much easier to stay motivated and get things done!
If it’s something that requires a lot of concentration, like studying for an exam or taking care of the kids while they are sick, try creating some boundaries and limits in order to keep things manageable. Setting aside time every day to work on your goals and tasks will help them from feeling overwhelming.
- Make a list of your personal goals
- Set up specific times to work on each goal
- Write down what you accomplished for the day and how you felt about it
- Reward yourself when you accomplish something on your list – this could be going out with friends, buying a new piece of furniture, or cooking a favorite dish
- Find someone who will hold you accountable for accomplishing your goals (a friend, coach, or mentor)
- Focus on one goal at a time- if you have more than one goal in mind at once, write them all down and then focus on one at a time until it is complete before moving onto the next one